What is a fiduciary?
A fiduciary has the highest ethical obligation to put your interests ahead of their own. They are required by law to put your interests ahead of their compensation or any other consideration that might benefit them.
Who do you help?
We look forward to meeting with individuals and families who are looking for objective, transparent advice from a fiduciary. There are three groups of potential clients for whom we have specialized expertise. They are biotech professionals, academics and individuals who have situations involving complex trusts. Learn more.
What is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)?
A Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) is a professional designation that ensures the competence and integrity of financial analysts. To become a CFA charterholder, you are required to pass three levels of exams covering topics such as accounting, economics, ethics, asset management and security analysis. Furthermore, to remain a CFA charterholder, you are subject to annual review and certification of good standing.
What is a fee-only financial advisor?
Fee-only financial advisors are Registered Investment Advisors (RIA) with a fiduciary responsibility to act in your best interests whose only fee is the fee you agree to pay them. They do not accept any fees or compensation based on product sales, never receive compensation for directing transactions or referrals and do not sell your personal information.
What is your investment philosophy?
- Adaptive: Agile response to changing personal and market circumstances.
- Personalized: Having a well-constructed plan that balances rewards and risks based on an understanding of your preferences, needs and goals.
- Strategic and tactical investment plans: Based on your long- and short-term goals while rebalancing your portfolio to remain on target.
- Minimizing tax liabilities: Tax-aware asset placement and opportunistically realizing losses to offset gains.
- Minimizing external investment fees: Avoidance of high external management fees whenever prudent.
- Patience: Focus on the power of long-term compound growth.
Who is NOT a good fit for you?
If you’re trying to beat the market or find the latest get-rich-quick investment scheme, we’re probably not a good fit.
Do I have to come to your offices?
No. We can meet with you through the Internet, by telephone or by whichever method of communication is most convenient for you.